Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Skint Monkey

My day with Grandma started off with her refusing to go to the annual family reunion.  She insisted that it was rude to show up at a family reunion without any food.  She didn't fix anything and therefore it was horrible that I was making her go.

The conversation:

Grandma:  "You just can't go to a reunion without food."
Me:  "Grandma, it is ok.  Brenda fixed everything."
Grandma:  "Have you lost your mind?"
Me:  "Nope."  (Thinking..she has.)
Grandma:  "Who raised you?"
Me:  "Brenda and Gary"
Grandma:  "You don't have much sense.  You do not show up at a reunion without food."
Me:  "Fine.  Tell Gary to take you to KFC and get some chicken."
Grandma:  "Hmmph."

I told her that her hair needed to be fixed.  She said ok.  The first time I fixed her hair, she looked at it and said:  "I look like a skint monkey."  She meant skinned monkey.

So, we took it down and fixed her hair again.  This time I teased it a little to give it some poof.  She repeated that she looked like a skint monkey.  I tried to fix it several times and then she grabbed the brush and told me that I didn't know what I was doing.  I said fine.

She fixed her hair and mumbled the entire time.  I left the room to get ready.  When I returned, she had half her hair up and half of it down.  I told her that it looked great.  She told me she wasn't going to a family reunion looking like a skint monkey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: