Monday, August 15, 2011

Rise and Shine!!!

Teeth under the cabinet.
So, I spent the night with grandma after being told to go to bed.  I felt so bad for telling stories and causing trouble.  At 4:30 a.m., Grandma turns on the lights in my room.  I ask her what does she want and what time is it.  She didn't know what time it was, but she wanted me to get up and find her teeth.  I was not about to get up and start looking for teeth at 4:30.  I told her quickly to go back to bed and as soon as the sun came up then I would get up and find them.

I laid in bed for awhile thinking about the night before.  After I got in trouble, I started exploring the house and finding odd objects around that Grandma had hidden.  I found a nasty cologne bottle and a lot of shoes.  I found her panties in with the towels.  I found toothpaste in one of the shoes.  Then......I found the original teeth!  OMG  So, instead of dealing with the fight of those are someones teeth.  I hid them in the back bathroom in a bowl.  Why in the world is she hiding all this stuff?  Why can't she just glue those teeth in and keep them in!  It would save me so much trouble.

I finally fell back to sleep.  As soon as the sun was up, I could feel grandma's presence in the room.  I opened my eyes and she was right in my face.  "The sun is up," she stated.  I was like WHOA Grandma...You are going to give me a heart attack.  Grandma the ninja sneaked in my room and scared me to death.  She was ready to find teeth.  So, up I got.  We looked around the entire house.  I left her in the kitchen dragging out every last bowl and cup.

Daddy showed up about 7:00 a.m.  I heard him come through the garage door.  I went in there and told him what was going on.  So, I started in looking again.  Grandma reached for this mixing bowl on the top shelf.  It was full of water.  In the middle of this water, was another bowl with water and her teeth. She goes to great lengths to hide those teeth every night.

Picture with stickers.
Later that morning, we spent time eating breakfast and going back over who my kids were and then I realized I might be able to help her.  We had pictures of everyone in the family.  I found some labels and labeled each person.  I found a picture of Ashley, Leslie and Ryan and labeled them.  I found one of her three sons.  She realized what I was doing and started bring more pictures for me to label.  On the picture of most of her grandchildren, she wanted to know where they live.  So, I added another label.

We had a great morning and she absolutely was so sweet to be with that morning.  We reminisced about old times with her sisters.  I went back over things she had forgotten.

I told her I had to get home because I had to go to school the next day.  She asked what grade I was in and what was I going to do when I graduate?  Well, Grandma, I graduate in a few years, and I want to be an astronaut when I grow up!  Now, it is time to go repent once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: