Saturday, November 24, 2012

Which One Are You?

So, I spent the night before Thanksgiving with Grandma.  She had found her teeth earlier in one of her housecoats. She woke me up about 3:00 AM wanting me to go see who was knocking at the front door.  I went and checked.  I told her no one was out there.  She made me go out on the porch. 

Really?  I was thinking "Thanks a lot grandma...if I get shot, it is all on you!"

I came back in, and she turned and went to bed.  She woke me up a few minutes later and wanted to know if I heard a dog barking.  I said no and told her to go to bed.

We woke up around 8:00.  Daddy brought her breakfast.  He sat and talked with her for awhile.  He tried to prepare her for the day.  We wanted her to come and eat dinner with us at my mother's house.  She wasn't sure about leaving the house.  So, I fixed her hair and told her that she needed to get ready for us to pick her up around noon.  She insisted that she needed a nap.

Daddy went and picked her up around 11:30 AM.  She spent time asking who was who.  So, many people for her to figure out.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Everyone came to my mom's house.  Many, many, many memories were made.  When all of us are together there is 19!  We had so much fun getting each family together and taking pictures.    Sara, my sister, and I got a crazy idea to take the couch in mom's living room and put it in the yard to take the entire family's picture.  So, we moved everything around and had the boys pick up the couch.  We went right out the front door and put it where we wanted it in the yard.  It was really amusing directing everyone to help get the couch out the door.
The family

In the mean time, mom was able to move all the tables into her living room for everyone to sit together.  While mom, Sara, and Carla finished up cooking, Grandma sat and took it all in.  She tried real hard to put names with faces but she struggled with everyone.  She asked the same questions over and over.

Grandma enjoyed her meal and loved the banana pudding.  She curled up in a chair in a snuggie and tried to stay warm.  After about an hour, you could tell she was getting tired.  I told her I would take her home.

We took a few pictures with her in the yard on the couch then loaded up and went home.  We got in the van and she looked over at me.  I could tell she was tired and ready to go.

Grandma, Pidgeon, my sisters, Mom and me
She said "Honey, thank you so much for bringing me over here.  I had a wonderful time.  The food was good and it was so good to see everyone."

I smiled because for just a moment, I had my grandma back.

We pulled in her driveway.  I said, "Well, here we are!"

She looked at me and said, "Now, which one are you?"

I'm Carole Anne, and you are my "10 second Grandma". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: